Easy 6-Step Curly Hair Routine
1. Use top notch shampoos and conditioners.You beauties with curly hair or 3b curly hair should use great shampoos to improve hair quality and moisture! The best shampoo for curly hair is one that will help keep your curls hydrated, moisturized, and frizz-free. The shampoo should also provide a natural shine to your gorgeous hair. We recommend trying out our wonderful Vitamin C Curl Wash to help give your hair an added boost of health. Ladies, conditioners also play an important role in nourishing the scalp and keeping your hair healthy. A frequently asked question we get is how can I bring out my natural curls? This begins with your washing routine - and ultimately all 6 of these steps will help make your natural curls your best curls. But a good conditioner will help reduce tangles, lock in moisture and protect against damage caused by heat styling tools like blow dryers and straighteners. We have more in our shop that you should definitely check out. If you have dry or damaged hair, then you should consider using deep conditioners on a regular basis. Deep conditioners are formulated to penetrate the cuticle layer of your hair shafts, which helps restore the natural oils that were stripped away during washing with regular shampoos. They also contain a higher concentration of essential vitamins and minerals that can repair damaged strands.
2. Remember cold, not hot water for washing your curls.
If you're washing your hair with hot water, you're not alone. The majority of women do it. But if you have curly hair or 3b curly hair, there's a good chance that you should be washing your hair with cold water instead. Washing with warm or hot water can dry out your curls and cause frizziness. If you're already prone to frizziness, then washing with hot water will make it even worse.
If you have 3B curly hair or type 3C curly hair, then this is probably true for you too! The reason why we should wash our curly hair with cold water is because when we use warm or hot water, it opens up our cuticles — the outermost layer of the hair follicle. This allows the sebum (the natural oil produced by our scalp) to escape from the follicle more easily, so it can clog up our roots and make our curls look limp and lifeless. But if we wash our curly hair with cold water, then we protect those open cuticles from getting clogged up by dirt and oil because cold water closes them back up again — which means no more frizz!
3. Above all else, moisturize your curls and protect your ends!
Before you even think about styling, you should start by creating a base for your curls. The best way to do this is by applying a leave-in conditioner or curl cream to damp hair before styling. This will help keep your curls looking healthy and manageable throughout the day. It's important to protect your ends when styling curly hair because they tend to be more fragile than other types of hair.
A great way to do this is by using products like a leave-in conditioner or serum that contain ceramides and other nutrients that help strengthen and protect them from heat damage. We have our Vitamin C Leave-in Conditioner that is a great leave-in conditioner. You can also use a heat protectant spray before using styling tools like curling irons or flat irons on your tresses.
4. Protect your curly hair - use less heat!
All your 3b curly hair cuties, your new best friend is the diffuser. Using this attachment on your blow dryer will help you dry your curls without causing breakage and frizz. If you want to try a different method of drying, you can let your hair air dry or use a diffuser on low heat. The diffuser is similar to a regular blow dryer but with soft mesh holes that allow air to flow through from the back of the head. To use the diffuser, flip your head upside down and start at the roots, then move down about an inch at a time until you reach the ends.
If you have 3b curls or more than one type of curl, we suggest using this method instead of towel drying. Towel drying may cause frizz and breakage by pulling out too much water from your hair. You should also use a brush or comb with wide teeth. The wider the teeth, the less damage they will cause. Never underestimate a paddle brush! Do this instead of a brush with plastic bristles that can break off into your hair when you brush it out after washing it. This can cause tangling and breakage in curly hair. So if you've been wondering how to bring out your natural curls, remember the less heat or resistance you use the better!
5. Let styling be your best friend
Here are some of the most popular hairstyles for women with 3b curly hair:
Twisting - This is one of the easiest ways to get a relaxed look with your natural curls. All you have to do is twist your strands around each other in an upward direction until they form a bun or ponytail. This style works well for short or long hair and can be done on both wet or dry hair.
Braid - Braids are another great option for women with 3b curly hair because they allow your curls to show off their full potential while keeping them out of your face! Depending on how tight you braid your hair, this hairstyle can range from casual to dressy depending on what else you wear and what accessories you prefer. Let your hair be an added accessory while you're protecting it at the same time!
6. Use great products to nourish your curls
One of the most common questions we get from curly girls is what should I use daily on my curls? For those with curly hair, it can be a bit overwhelming because there are so many different types of products to choose from. While some may work better for others, there are a few things you can keep in mind when looking for a product to use on your curls. The first thing you want to look at is what your hair goals are, if you're wanting more moisture, more volume, more texture, etc. Here at CURLS, we have a few different varieties in the products we offer! We want you to be comfortable with the product you're using and we even list all of the ingredients on our site so you know exactly what's going on your hair!
Next up, is how much product you need to use each time you wash your hair. If you find yourself needing more than two fingers worth of product (which is about 1/4 of an inch), then this might be another sign that the product isn’t right for you since too much product can make your hair feel weighed down and greasy which defeats its purpose altogether! Our Sea Moss Moisture Magnet Cream and our famous Sea Moss Curl Shine Jelly help to nourish your hair and keep it healthy. They also help to reduce frizz and improve the look of your curls.
As you can see, the path to healthy curls is not a difficult one. In fact, all you need is a simple step by step curly hair routine. Taking care of curly hair can be very simple with these 6 steps! If you're someone with curly hair or someone who takes care of people with curly hair, hopefully these tips will come in handy.
You May Also Like…