Photo Cred: @jd_winters
The Best Styling Products for Curly Hair
Looking for the best in hair care? Well, organic hair care products provide the absolute best products to use on naturally curly hair. This is because organic products contain natural ingredients that speak the same language as your hair. You should look for products with ingredients like jojoba oil, blueberry extract and other plant and fruit derivatives. These elements from the earth are gentle and yet very powerful at nourishing the hair and scalp, providing the moisture and strength that is needed for hair growth and retention.
Styling Curly Hair
Choosing the right hair care and styling products will help with your overall satisfaction of your hair and enhance your lifestyle. Have you ever wondered why your hair tends to love a new product and then suddenly, within a few weeks, it stops responding to the efforts of that particular product? Or better yet, have you ever received a fresh trim of the ends to repair your damaged hair and within no time your hair feels weak and damaged all over again? As devastating as that can be, it’s worth evaluating the cause of this to consider better options. The first place to look is in the topical formulas you apply to your hair. The curly hair products used on our hair have a tremendous impact on the health and wellness of our strands as well as the scalp. Curly hair is more fragile than naturally straight hair and therefore needs more care. Using organic based products provide a healthier, safer system for obtaining and maintaining your luscious locks.
Here are some tips for knowing how to choose the best styling products for your curly hair:
1. Look at the ingredients When purchasing a product to add to your regimen, take a close look on the back of the bottle to discover the ingredients list. Although many elements may seem like a foreign language, there should be a few things that jump out to you such as natural extracts and organic elements from nature itself. For example, CURLS Hair Care and Styling products for curly hair will have grapefruit and pineapple extract infused into the Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo and horse chestnut and sage leaf extract in the cleansing cream formula. Throughout this same collection you will often see certified organic shea and mango butter, aloe leaf, and cocos nucifera coconut oil. All of these ingredients are proven for increasing shine, manageability and condition of your natural mane.
2. Use one hair care product system at a time. Products are always formulated to work within a collection. Therefore, when looking for a beneficial hair care system, try not to bounce around from one product line to another. Doing so could cloud your judgement and deter you from an accurate picture on what is really working for your hair. While you are in the space of making decisions about which products to hold onto, get the most accurate perspective of the brand by seeing how the products interact with one another rather than witnessing how one product may interfere with the product from another company.
3. Start fresh. When making the shift from mainstream hair care products to a more organic lifestyle, always start with a clarifying cleanser like the one mentioned above, to purify the strands and eliminate the presence of product build up or heavy, unnecessary minerals. Once your hair is free from the excess weight, your clean palette is now prepped and ready to be thoroughly conditioned. Immediately after cleansing, follow with a deep conditioner like CURLS Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Deep Conditioner. Apply your conditioner carefully onto each and every hair strand and spread from root to tip. Sit under a hooded dryer for 15-30 minutes for maximum absorption. This time frame is carefully selected to give the ingredients time to seep well beneath the hair shaft into the inner workings of the hair for strengthening and moisturizing from the inside-out. Additionally, the use of heat when conditioning, opens up the cuticle layer to make that possible. Next, thoroughly rinse the hair and proceed to prepare for styling by utilizing a moisturizer. Quenched Curls Moisturizer will surround the hair strands to provide protection during the styling process. Finally, style your hair with a formulated styler for your individual and unique hair type.
…and for more information visit www.curls.com. So, take a look at your hair care regimen and then, evaluate the overall state of your hair. If your hair is often dry, tangled, or experiencing unusual shedding or breakage, a change is in order. Go the organic way to get the best styling products for curly hair.
- For curl defining of fine hair, use the Curls Milkshake – Curl Lotion
- For curl defining of medium hair, use the Curls Soufflé – Curl Cream
- For curl defining of thick hair, use the Whipped Cream – Heavy Curl Cream
- For Volume, use Curls Gel-les’c or Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly
- For Elongation, use the Cashmere Curls Leave in Conditioner and Cashmere Curls Jelly
- For Twist Outs, use Blueberry Bliss Twist N Shout Cream
- For Edges and intense curl control, try the Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste