Harmful and Beneficial Ingredients for Curly Hair
You would come across many products for curly hair, all claiming to be super good and effective for your hair problems but every hair product that you find might not be the best product for curly hair. When you go shopping for a curly hair shampoo, conditioner, gel or any other hair care product, you need to make sure that the product you choose is free from certain harmful ingredients. Stay on a Look out for these Harmful Ingredients in your Hair Care Product
- Petroleum, Mineral Oil and Lanolin: These are extremely cheap quality ingredients that are readily used in soufflés, hair creams and greases, especially in those designed for curly hair. All these ingredients do not do any good for curly hair and also weigh the curls down.
- Laureth Sulfate/ Sodium Lauryl: It is often used in shampoos but hardly benefits the hair in any way. It is a kind of detergent that makes hair brittle, harsh and very parched too.
- Parabens (Ethyl, Methyl, Butyl and Propyl): These are generally used in conditioners, shampoos and many other hair products. It is believed that they moisturize the hair but in reality, they make the hair dryer and weigh them down too.
- Propylene Glycol: It is commonly incorporated in shampoos and mouthwashes. Propylene Glycol has the tendency to cause severe skin allergies like eczema, hives and dermatitis.
- Yogurt: It is an excellent conditioner and hydrates your scalp.
- Almond and olive oil: Both these ingredients nourish your hair and supply it with a good dose of beneficial nutrients.
- Shea butter: It tames curly hair and reduces their frizziness.